Thursday, June 11, 2020

The Jersey Shore


Leaving Cape May was exciting because we would finally be traveling out in the ocean. The SimRad plotted a course about a half-mile offshore all the way up the coast. However, Captain Ralph assured me that it was safer to follow the "3 mile line" and that the waves would be smaller out there due to shoals along the coastal route causing rougher waters closer to the beach. Unfortunately, you don't get to see as much when you are 3 miles offshore. I made the most of it anyway. Ironically, Captain Ralph has a weak tummy for the high seas, and eventually, I convinced him we should move inland along the 1/2 mile line where all of the other cruisers were traveling.

But first, an absolutely stunning Grand Banks at the marina in Cape May

And I forgot this clip from the Delaware. Nuclear power!

This was taken as we crossed the 1.5 mile line, on our way to the 3 mile line. It was less smooth than predicted and so I took the helm to log some hours and miles ;).

This day the driving was beyond effortless!
  



It did get boring after a while:

I wrote Captain Ralph a lullaby when I ran out of ways to entertain myself:

Passed by the actual "Jersey Shore"


Saw a city along the coast:

And then another to the north!

NJ: THE END








No comments:

Post a Comment