Thursday, June 11, 2020

Final fuel stop in Southwest Harbor

Since the final day was easy mileage with great weather predicted, we decided we could sleep in and have a nice breakfast. 


The Captain had the gall to enter my stateroom at 5:02am to ask me electrical questions. Apparently there was a reason we had to fire up so early. The utter lack of logic immediately conveyed that this morning was simply just like every other- we were in a massive rush to pull out of the harbor and get home as quickly as possible. I already had my maps plotted to Roque's Island as well as Puffin Island, but what were the chances the Captain falls asleep and leaves me at the helm again

As grumpy as I was, I have to admit the Eggemoggin Reach area was picturesque. The water was as smooth as glass. I loved this lobster boat and he seemed to pose for the camera!






Southwest Harbor:


Back to getting punked! This brought the joy back into my heart. 


Hinckley yachts:

Maine does NOT have a fjord, at least not in Somes Sound as claimed. There were a couple of molehills next to the rocky beach, but I didn't spot any moles. I didn't care, the Captain was willing to spend 10 minutes going out of our way to actually see something, so I wasn't about to complain!





No comments:

Post a Comment